Sage is introducing a new Shipping application by SmartLinc which is projected for Q3 2012 and will be integrated with Sage 100 ERP via the Business Object Interface.
SmartLinc is the official replacement for the StarShip shipping solution (which is still available, integrated, and supported independently by V-Technologies). SmartLinc is available in 2 versions: on-premise browser based or cloud-based, which means there is no need for the software to be installed at the workstation level. Both versions provide all the benefits you'd expect from an automated shipping solution such as:
- Real-time address correction and carrier support for US and Canada
- Available line-item detail with packing list and custom reporting
- Automatic creation of packing lists and bill of lading
- Rate shopping for parcel and freight
According to the roadmap, we can also expect a standalone payroll module integration for Sage 100 Premium (aka Sage MAS 200 SQL) and enhanced credit card processing thanks to tighter integration with Sage Exchange.
Sage Exchange bridges the gap between your ERP system and payment solution which improves cash flow, reduces fraud exposure, and eliminates manual data entry. Payment data will be shifted from the software itself to the Sage Vault for added security and to keep your business compliant with PA-DSS and changing credit card processing laws. The enhanced functionality of Sage 100 ERP credit card transactions will include features such as:
- Collect payments anywhere using your Smartphone with Sage Mobile Payments
- Manage accounts and view your payment environment with SageExchange.com
- Reduce transaction fees and speed entry when cards are present by swiping credit cards.
Based on customer feedback, Sage will incorporate some of the most requested enhancements into Sage 100 ERP Version 5.0 slated for a Q4 2012 release. These enhancements include:
- An expanded 20-character account payable invoice number
- Inactivate customers using 'reason codes' to restrict transactions and prevent mistakes
- Inactivate vendors using 'reason codes' to prevent accidental orders and data entry
- Cleared check information in Vendor Maintenance for easier bank information management and reconciliation.
- Self Service management of software updates using Sage Advisor