Here's how to process credit card transactions using Sage 300 Payment Processing…
Before You Start ...
Step 1: Create or Select a Document
- A/R Invoice Entry
- A/R Receipt Entry
- O/E Invoice Entry
- O/E Order Entry
- O/E Shipment Entry
Step 2: Set Up a Prepayment or Select a Transaction Type
- Click the Prepayment button
- Create or select a batch for the prepayment
If you are using A/R Invoice Entry
- If you are creating a new document, enter the document details and click Add
- Click the Prepay button
- Create or select a batch for prepayment
If you are using A/R Receipt Entry
- On the Transaction Type list, select Receipt, Prepayment, Unapplied Cash, or Misc. Receipt.
Step 3: Verify the Information
Tip: Click the Finder to see a list of payment codes and associated payment types.
If you are using the O/E Prepayments screen, verify that the Processing Code field displays the correct processing code, or use the Finder to select a code.
The bank code associated with the processing code appears in the Bank Code field.
Note: The bank and currency for the current transaction must match the bank and currency specified for the processing code you select.
Verify that the Bank Code field displays the correct bank code, or select a bank code to be used when the transaction is processed.
Step 4: Enter Remaining Transaction Details
Step 5: Click Charge
Step 6: Specify a Credit Card
- To select a saved credit card, use the Finder.
- To enter details for a new card and save the card in the customer record, click the New button, and then add the card details on the A/R Credit Card Information screen.
- To enter details for a new credit card that will not be saved in the customer record, select Enter a Card for One-Time Use. (You enter card details on the Sage Payment Solutions browser form after you click the Process Pre-authorization button.)
Step 7: Enter or Review Billing Details
Tip: When entering billing details, you can select the Same as Customer Address option to fill in billing details with name and address information from the customer record.
Step 8: Review Totals
Step 9: Click Process Payment
Step 10: Review or Enter Credit Card Details
If you want to review these details, click the Next button on the browser form.
Step 11: Click Submit.
Post or save the document.
And that is how you process a credit card payment in Sage 300!
In summary, Sage Payment Processing is a complete payment processing solution that allows you to securely accept and process credit card transactions directly within Sage 300. Now you can increase your revenue and operational efficiency with a fully integrated payment processing solution.
Need Sage 300 (Accpac) Support or Training?
How to Download & Install a Sage 300 HotFix
How to Color Code Companies in Sage 300
Complete Guide to Sage 300 HotKeys & Keyboard Shortcuts
Like This Article?
Please feel free to share it with your friends and colleagues!