In Sage 300, there are a set of keyboard shortcuts and "hotkeys" (keys you press on your keyboard that perform a predefined function) that save you time navigating your ERP system. Here's a complete guide along with other useful icons and shortcut buttons.
Sage 300 Navigation Shortcuts
- Page Up - Go the first (top) record visible in a list.
- Page Down - Go to the last (bottom) record visible in a list
- Ctrl/Page Up - Go to the first record in a Finder list.
- Ctrl/Page Down - Go to the first record in a Finder list.
- Ctrl/Tab - Move out of a grid or list to the button or field following the grid or list.
- Ctrl/Shift/Tab - Move out of a grid or list to the button or field directly above the grid or list.
- Home - Go to the first entry in a list.
- End - Go to the last entry in a list.
- Alt + C (or Alt + F4) - Close a form or dialog box
- Alt + E - Open the Set Criteria dialogue box to specify records that will be displayed in the Finder
- Up Arrow/Down Arrow - Go up or down one line in the grid
- Esc - Cancel/close a pop-up window (for example, the calendar, or a screen opened with the Zoom button.)
Sage 300 Data Display & Editing Shortcuts
- F1 - opens Sage 300 Help files (contextual to the screen that's currently open)
- F2 - Turn on edit mode in a list or grid (press again to turn off).
- F4 - opens/displays the calendar for a date field
- F5 - opens the Finder window
- F7 - refresh the record (activates the "Go" button displayed on many screens)
- F9 - opens detail entry screen that displays more information from the record
- SHIFT + F9 - opens a second level detail (aka Zoom Detail) from a detail form
- Insert - insert a blank row in a grid to add a new record
- Ctrl + Insert - begin a new entry when you are pointing to a field that has a New button beside it
- Delete or Alt + D - Delete the selected row or record
- Alt + S - Save changes to the displayed record
- Alt + A - Save a new record
- Alt + P - Print Reports
- + - launches popup calculator
- Spacebar - toggle yes/no in checkbox fields