Managing Accounts Receivable and Payables
An idea that came from Intacct customer feedback, the Approve Payments list now allows you to:
- Apply complex filters on the fly
- Create and save custom views that present payment requests
- Export the list to print, share, or view in another application
- Take actions right from the list screen
The Receive Advances page was updated for an improved user experience. In addition to the fresh new look, you now have even more features available at your fingertips including the ability to:
- Enter a payment memo in the new Payment memo field to save information for future reference.
- Add attachments to advance payments to save a corresponding file with each advance.
- Edit advances that have not been applied to invoices.
- Apply an advance directly from the Advances list.
- Use custom view options for the Advances list.
In addition, new functionality in Advances includes the ability to run reports with the custom report writer, setup smart rules and smart events, and configure automatically batching payment summaries to streamline receiving advances.
Enhancements to Inventory Control
In previous versions of Sage Intacct, the quantity available for an item was always calculated using the quantities for on hand, on hold, and on order. However, common situations where you might need more flexibility in changing the calculation include:
- If the lead time for purchase orders is long, you might want to exclude on order quantities.
- If the lead time for in-transit warehouse transfers is short, you might want to include the in-transit quantities.
- If you practice just-in-time inventory, you probably want the available quantity to reflect only what's on premise.
Industry-Focused Enhancements for Construction and Nonprofits
If you’re in the business of construction, you’ll enjoy new features that provide flexibility to manage change requests and change orders. For instance, you can now setup email templates and printed document templates to share your project change requests with:
- External project owners for their approval of changes to the original project scope
- Internal employees for their approval, if needed
- Vendors for additional quotes on time and materials for a project change
In addition, a new change management option was added to Purchasing and Order Entry (OE) configuration that provides better control over changing or deleting change orders that reference or impact another document.
Financial Reporting Enhancements
In the continued effort to work toward eliminating as many steps from the close process as possible, Intacct 2021 R4 introduces the ability to automatically trigger scheduled financial reports to run once the GL is closed.
Plus, it’s now easier to use computations in reports by providing the ability to use names and descriptions for the computations you define. Now when you use computations in your report, it’s much easier to view and understand what the columns are. Previously, the columns appeared as ‘Computation 1’ and ‘Computation 2’.
New List Experience
- Drag and drop to reorder, freeze, or resize columns.
- Get standard list views or create new views from scratch
- Do simple filtering from any column or use more advanced filtering that works across columns—then save what you filter on into a custom view for repeated use.
- Split the view to see the detail associated with a specific row.
Check out this Intacct Lists Demo Video to see these new features in action.
Sage Intacct 2021 R4 Release Date and Upgrade Notes
These are just some of the highlights sampled from a wide range of other new features included in this latest release.
Click below to get in touch with a Sage Intacct Partner to request a copy of the detailed release notes or if you need help upgrading to the latest version of Sage Intacct.